Test 1 will cover the material presented in modules 1-4.
You must be able to:
- Distinguish between scalar an vector quantities
- Add and subtract vector quantities
- Distinguish between distance, displacement, speed, velocity, and acceleration
- Distinguish between average and instantaneous speed, velocity, and acceleration
- Describe and analyze one-dimensional motion with constant speed or constant acceleration
and work problems using the kinematic equations
- Describe and analyze problems involving freely-falling objects
- Describe and analyze two- and three-dimensional motion with constant speed or constant
acceleration and work problems using the kinematic equations
- Describe and analyze problems involving projectile motion
- Describe and analyze problems involving uniform circular motion and distinguish between
radial and tangential acceleration
- Distinguish between mass and weight
- Draw free-body diagrams
- Apply Newton's second law to relate the net force acting on an object to
- Find the net force acting on an object
Prepare for the test by reviewing assignments 1 - 8.
Please take the practice tests on Canvas. You can take these tests as often as you want.
No score is kept. Each problem contains hints for incorrect answers.
During the test you can use a calculator, the
formula sheet, scratch paper and copies of the fundamental constants and
conversions provided on Canvas under course materials.