Test 2 will cover Newton's third law and the material presented in modules 5-7.
You must be able to:
- Analyze various situations in terms of the law of action and reaction
- Define static and kinetic friction and drag
- Work problems involving friction between two surfaces
- Find the terminal speed of an object
- Analyze circular motion and identify the centripetal force
- Calculate the work done by a constant force and by spring forces
- Find the change in potential and kinetic energy of an object acted on by conservative
- Use conservation of mechanical energy to solve physics problems
- Find the gravitational or the elastic potential energy of an object
- Find the gravitational force between two objects
- Find the impulse produced by a force
- Use conservation of momentum to solve physics problems
- Work collision problems in one and two dimensions
Prepare for the test by reviewing assignments 9 - 16.
Please take the practice tests on Canvas. You can take these tests as often as you want.
No score is kept. Each problem contains hints for incorrect answers.
During the test you can use a calculator, the
formula sheet, scratch paper and copies of the fundamental constants and
conversions provided on Canvas under course materials.